Colour Configuration for LISCAD CAD When Using a Pen Plotter
Some pen plotters may not recognise the colours set in LISCAD CAD as expected. Many pen plotters support line width's by simply matching base colours.
Article ID: K0025
The information in this article applies to:
- LISCAD CAD version 4.x and later
Some pen plotters may not recognise the colours set in LISCAD CAD as expected. Many pen plotters support line width's by simply matching base colours with a physical pen in the carousel. To achieve different line widths when using a pen plotter, you need to set the colours of the lines so that they match the pen you desire. The recommended colour configuration in LISCAD CAD when using a pen plotter is to set only primary colours.
- Run LISCAD CAD, open a drawing file and then from the menu select "Settings/System/Colours".
Use the following table as a guide to assign colours to the appropriate colour numbers.
Colour Number Colour Red Green Blue 0 Black 0 0 0 1 Blue 0 0 255 2 Green 0 255 0 3 Cyan 0 255 255 4 Red 255 0 0 5 Magenta 255 0 255 6 Yellow 255 255 0 7 White 255 255 255
- In the "Colours Option" select the "Palette" radio button.
- Click on the first colour in the "Alternative Colours" strip.
- Press the "Edit Colours" button.
- Type in the "Red Green Blue" values as defined in the table above and then press the "OK" button.
- Repeat steps 4 to 6 (but select the next square in the "Alternative Colours" strip) setting the values in the table above.
- Once all the colours in the table above have been assigned to the "Alternative Colours" strip, click on the first "Assigned Colour" (0) and then click on the first square of the "Alternative Colours" strip to assign the selected colour to the number.
- Repeat step 8 for each of the "Assigned Colours" (0 - 7) assigning the appropriate colours setup in step 4 to 6 above.
- Press the "System Save" button to save the new colour configuration.
- Select "OK" to close the "Colour Configuration" dialog box.
The information provided in the LISTECH knowledge base is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. LISTECH disclaims all warranties, either express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall LISTECH or its suppliers be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages, even if LISTECH or its suppliers have been advised of the possibility of such damages.